- Join The Cause
- Donate Financially
- Donate an Item
- Become a Horse Sponsor
- Learn About Equine Rescue
- Donate a Horse
- Join Our Prayer Team
- Shop Our Mercantile
- Other Ways to Support the Mission
- Refuge Gathering
If you live outside the area and are interested in serving the Ranch for a period of 6 weeks or less, we invite you to complete and return our Short-Term Volunteer Application.
Our short-term volunteer program is specifically designed for individuals who desire to serve at the Ranch, but live outside of the local area. Once approved, short-term volunteers typically serve a minimum of four days and for as long as six weeks. Short-term volunteer opportunities are scheduled Monday through Thursday.
Short Term Volunteer Application Process
- Complete and submit the Short-Term Volunteer Application.
- The Volunteer Supervisor will contact you for an informal interview and to coordinate your schedule. Please note, each volunteer opportunity is by application only and is limited to a set amount of volunteers per week.
- Pass the background check (no cost to you).
- Each participant must complete a current Ranch release form.
- Potential volunteers below the age of 16 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. This parent or guardian is required to fill out an application in addition to the youth-submitted application.
- Potential volunteers between the ages of 16-18 are asked to provide three non-family references with their application in lieu of a background check and may still be required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Click here to view and print a Youth Referral Form.
- All volunteers must provide their own transportation, food and housing. A list of local hotels is provided here.
*Please note that only CPYR staff and interns lead sessions with children.