- Join The Cause
- Donate Financially
- Donate an Item
- Become a Horse Sponsor
- Learn About Equine Rescue
- Donate/Adopt a Horse
- Join Our Prayer Team
- Shop Our Mercantile
- Other Ways to Support the Mission
Short Term Volunteers
If you live outside the area and are interested in serving the ranch for a period of 6 weeks or less, we invite you to complete and return our Short Term Volunteer Application.
Our Short Term Volunteer Program is specifically designed for individuals who desire to serve at the ranch but live outside of the local area. Once approved, Short Term Volunteers typically serve a minimum of four days and for as long as six weeks.
During our session season, Short Term Volunteer opportunities are scheduled Monday through Thursday from 1:00 - 5:30 p.m. Through our winter season, volunteer hours are reduced to Mondays and Thursdays from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Short Term Volunteer Application Process
- Each volunteer opportunity is by application only and is limited to a set amount of volunteers per week.
- Each potential volunteer over the age of 18 is required to provide their own state, federal or country background check. Any and all background checks need to be submitted to our Volunteer Department no later than two weeks prior to the desired arrival date.
- All volunteers must provide their own transportation, food and housing. A list of local hotels is provided here.
- Potential volunteers below the age of 16 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. This parent or guardian is required to fill out an application and provide a background check in addition to the youth-submitted application.
- Potential volunteers between the ages of 16-18 are asked to provide three non-family references with their application in lieu of a background check and may still be required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Click here to view and print a Youth Referral Form.
- A phone interview with the Volunteer Coordinator may also be required. Participation in a ranch tour prior to volunteering is highly recommended.
*Please note that only CPYR staff and Interns lead sessions with children or work directly with ranch horses.